Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Moving Forward

As I mentioned in my last post, Rebekah and my final project with the internship was to create the new school division pages. Although I'm sure they will be tweaked, changed, and added to, we did complete our task. The pages we designed can be found here:

Creating those and preparing for our speech and PowerPoint took up the majority of our time until the dinner and final presentation on Wednesday. The dinner was lovely and, aside from a few pre-speech jitters, relaxing.

Thursday I spent packing and spending time with the people I had gotten to know over the six weeks I was in OK. I'll miss seeing them every day.

Rebekah and I left early Friday morning and drove to Albuquerque . . . which successfully managed to get this song stuck in my head. (Enjoy!) Saturday we came the rest of the way to California, where we're staying with Rebekah's parents for the next two weeks.

California is beautiful. Again, a change, but I love it here as well. I've met several of Rebekah's friends now, and they've all been very friendly and welcoming. 

We went to church on Sunday, then spent the rest of the day at Disneyland. Yesterday we visited the beach and roasted hot dogs and marshmallows over the fire. I got to see the sunset over the mountains and water...stunning. (Not my first time seeing it like that, but it will never cease to enchant me.)

So where do I go from here? Well, aside from a return to Minnesota and much desired hugs from friends and family; some continued work with IEW (so glad the end of the internship wasn't the end of my part in the company!); and finishing and marketing my book, I don't really know. Then again, that may be enough to fill my time and bank for a while. :)

I'm trusting God to lead me, and I'm grateful my path isn't decided by me alone. "I know, oh Lord, that a man's life is not his own; it is not for man to direct his steps.– Jeremiah 10:23

No comments:

Post a Comment